Young Pathologists' Section (YPS)
In 1996, the Texas Society of Pathologists initiated an effort to involve young pathologists in the activities and governance of the Society. In 1997, the House of Delegates approved the formation of a Young Pathologists’ Section.
The mission of the Young Pathologists' Section is to:
- Facilitate the growth and development of young pathologists in the state of Texas.
- Provide a forum through which young pathologists can influence the profession.
- Refine the skills necessary to provide the highest quality of patient care in the practice of pathology.
The Young Pathologists' Section is composed of:
Complete Rules and Regulations for the Young Pathologists' Section (YPS) can be downloaded here.
- All current Junior members of the Texas Society of Pathologists.
- All current Active members who have become eligible for certification by the American Board of Pathology within the past ten (10) years and/or who are forty-five (45) years of age or less.
Julia Choi, MD (Chair)
Clinical Pathology Associates
Clare McCormick-Baw, MD (Chair-Elect)
Ashley Holloman, MD (Secretary)
Baylor College of Medicine
YPS LIAISON PROGRAM
The YPS Liaisons provide active support to the YPS program and the Texas Society of Pathologists. CLICK HERE for a list of YPS Liaisons and to learn more about the program.