In order to be considered for this competition, you must:
- Be a current pathology resident/fellow in an approved Texas training program, or a practicing pathologist that is forty-five (45) years of age or less.
- Register to attend the 2019 Young Pathologists’ Section Retreat ($95).
- Submit an abstract that meets the following requirements.
- The abstract must be submitted online no later that Wednesday, July 25, 2019.
- The abstract must be no more than 350 words.
- The abstract must include four (4) sections: Background, Materials/Methods, Results, and Discussion.
- The abstract must cover anatomic, clinical, or experimental pathology.
- The abstract must list the individual entering the submission as the first author.
- The abstract must represent the work performed by the individual entering the submission.
- The abstract must not have been presented at prior national meetings.
Presentations will be limited to five (5) minutes, followed by three (3) minutes of question and answer.
Abstracts that meet the above requirements will be reviewed following the online submission deadline.
- Eight (8) abstracts will be selected for platform presentation on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
- There will be no formal judging of the presentations - this is solely an opportunity for young pathologists to share their work with their peers.
- Authors will be notified by August 2, 2019.
Submit your Abstract Here