In order to be considered for this competition, you must:
- Be a current pathology resident/fellow in an approved Texas training program. Medical students may submit an abstract, but will not be eligible for an award.
- Register to attend the 99th Annual Meeting ($50) and pay the $25 poster printing fee no later than January 3, 2020.
Please review new 2020 Poster Printing Guidelines before SUBMITTING an abstract!
- Submit an abstract that meets the following requirements.
- The abstract must be submitted online no later than Friday, November 8, 2019; 11:45 p.m., CST
- The abstract must be no more than 350 words TOTAL.
- The abstract must list the individual entering the submission as the first author. Multiple abstracts/case presentations may NOT be submitted by the same author. You cannot submit to both Investigative and Case Report category. This does not preclude them from being included as co-authors in other abstracts.
- An abstract previously presented at a national meeting can be submitted, but will not be eligible for an award.
- Case Report - a case report is defined as a report with less than three (3) cases of diagnostic or conceptual interest. One (1) case report may be submitted by an individual as a first author during their training period (PGY 1-4).
- Investigative Abstract - topics may include, but are limited to:
- an in-depth study of at least three (3) cases using new or a variety of methods
- investigative basic research in any branch of pathology
- differential diagnostic problems encountered by the practicing pathologist
- improvements or evaluation of new stains, methodology or instruments
Abstracts that meet the above requirements will be reviewed following the online submission deadline.
- Six (6) investigative abstracts will be selected for platform presentation, while all remaining abstracts will be presented as posters during one of two sessions at the 99th Annual Meeting.
- The highest ranking platform and poster presentations/case report will receive cash prizes and certificates.
- Authors will be notified if their abstracts have been selected for platform presentation by December 17, 2019.